New podcast posted with BlueClaws manager Dusty Wathan (listen here) on the State of the BlueClaws…Right now that state is doing pretty well (65-47) and Lakewood has won the first two games of this road trip.
- Last homestand: “I didn’t think we put the effort into it. We had a good meeting and now it’s been all positive.”
- On Trevor May: “It’s exciting to see him come here instead of going to Williamsport…The club’s real high on him…He’s a hard worker and a nice guy to have on the team.”
- On Justin De Fratus: “He had to change his mentality from being ready every night to now where he’s got 100 pitches. It’s hard to be sharp every night if you’re not used to it. He got back into his routine and running program. It’s a lot different.”
- Getting Harold Garcia back: “He brings enthusiasm, another threat to run. If he or Gose gets on, it helps out the guys hitting behind him. It probably was good for him to get a little break, a little breather.”
- On Travis d’Arnaud: “I think for the most part he’s done it himself, kept his head up the whole time. He was hitting balls hard and now he gets a 16-hoppers through the left side and suddenly he’s up close to .250. He’s not a .220 hitter and he’s one of our best hitters.”
There’s more in there (Jacob Diekman, D’Arby Myers, post-season).