On a beautiful Sunday morning, it’s time for Sunday Links and Coffee, some links from around the baseball world to enjoy with your morning coffee. We start with the Phillies.
- Matt Gelb in the Inquirer takes a look at Rule 5 pick David Herndon, who is making a strong case to keep him on the 25-man roster.
- Kyle Kendrick or Jamie Moyer? The 5th starter battle is heating up, writes Dave Murphy in the Daily News.
- Martin Frank on DelawareOnline.com writes about former BlueClaws OF Domonic Brown, expecting him to be a big part of the team’s future.
- No surprises on the Phillies All-Decade team, writes Todd Zolecki on Phillies.com.
And a few from around baseball…
- Top draft pick Steven Strasburg was sent to minor league camp by the Nationals. He gave up two runs in nine spring innings and the rest of the Nats starters had an 8 ERA.
- Bill Madden in the NY Daily News writes about the Rays and their shrinking window-of-opportunity in a brutal division.
- Bud Selig on re-alignment. He says he’s always thinking about it.
- Could Padres 1B Adrian Gonzalez get traded this year? Likely. To Boston, as is assumed? Joel Sherman in the Post says not so fast.