Let’s take a quick look back at an absolutely wild game and series last night in Lakewood. First off, the game took 4 hours and 32 minutes and went 14 innings.
- The two starting pitchers, Nick Hernandez of Lakewood and Dan Rosenbaum of Hagerstown, had combined to allow three earned runs in their three starts each. So naturally it was 4-4 after an inning and a half.
- Three of the eight meetings between these two teams have gone to extra innings (Lakewood has won two of those three and the season series is now 4-4).
- Hagerstown scored two in the ninth to tie the game after they scored five to win 11-7 in the 9th on Thursday night.
- The teams combined for seven errors and 30 hits.
- Hagerstown took the lead in the 12th when Chad Poe balked in the go-ahead run (who had advanced to third after a wild pitch on an intentional walk).
- Lakewood left 20 (!) runners on base in the game, including at least one in all but two innings. They went 3-22 with runners in scoring position.
- Domingo Santana was 0-4 with two walks and a HBP before his home run.
- One more, the sprinklers went off a few times in the 11th inning.
Wow. That was certainly a fun series. Next up, Greensboro. The bus arrived at about 9:30. First pitch tonight at 7.