Baseball America does a great job with their prospect rankings, and they’ve come up with another list: Top 100 in all of baseball. Five former BlueClaws on there, four of them have been traded by the Phillies.
You can see the full list here, but below are the former BlueClaws (year in Lakewood):
- 15. Domonic Brown (2008): top Phillies prospect was one of the few from the top of the system that was NOT traded in the last eight months. Probably headed to Lehigh Valley to open 2010.
- 25. Kyle Drabek (2007): Traded to the Blue Jays in the Halladay deal and is in their big league camp now. Pitched two months for the BlueClaws before being shut down and having Tommy John surgery.
- 29. Michael Taylor (2008): Had an exceptional half with Lakewood (.360-10-51) before a promotion to Clearwater. Traded as part of the Halladay deal to Toronto who immediately traded him to Oakland, where he will compete for a spot in their outfield.
- 64. Jason Knapp (2009): It’s too bad his last outing with Lakewood (and the Phillies) was a 2/3 of an inning six run nightmare, but he was traded to the Indians while on the DL in July. He still led the ’09 Claws in strikeouts, with 111 in 85 innings.
- 81. Travis d’Arnaud (2009): Also sent to Toronto in the Halladay deal and earned an invite to big league camp. Hit 13 home runs with Lakewood last year and hit 50 points higher in the second half despite catching five-six games per week.
Phillipe Aumont, who came back to the Phillies in the Lee to Seattle trade was ranked 93rd.
Two other notes from Dave Murphy:
- BA rates RHP Arodys Vizcaino (69), who NYY traded along w/ Melky Cabrera + Mike Dunn for Javier Vazquez higher than any of the three Cliff Lee kids
- Brown is highest-rated Phillie since RHP Gavin Floyd (#9 in ’03), and fourth since ’90 to crack Top 15 (Burrell #2 in ’00, Rolen #13 in ’97)