Here are a few good stories we found on Roy Halladay’s perfect game from last night.
- Jayson Stark on ESPN.com notes: “I us
ed to think I got to the park early,” Phillies hitting coach Milt Thompson said of Halladay this spring. “But I get here at 6:15 [a.m.], and he’s already on his second shirt.”
- From Dave Murphy and High Cheese: It’s the sixth 1-0 perfect game in history and in all six, the run was unearned.
- Tom Verducci on SI.com: Roy Halladay was influenced by, wait for it…David Wells? “He talked a lot to me about his confidence — and his confidence didn’t come from working out obviously,” Halladay said with a chuckle. “It came from the belief he had in himself and just going out and doing it.”
- Here’s a great stat from Verducci: In 29 years almost as many men have thrown perfect games (11) as have managed the Yankees (12). It’s not as easy as it looks, kids.
- From the Inquirer: Charlie Manuel says “He did a hell of a job, man.”