Only 206 days until Opening Day! Get psyched. Let’s do a little breakdown on the schedule for next year, which you can look at by clicking here, looking at promotional days, opponents, and more.
By Days of the Week
Kids Eat Free Sunday and Monday: 19 (ten Sundays and ten Mondays)
Senior Day Tuesday: 10
Dollar Dog Wednesday: 9
Thirsty Thursday: 10 (including Opening Day)
Fireworks Friday: 11 (plus fireworks shows on May 27, July 3, September 2)
- Asheville (Rockies) come to Lakewood April 24-27, their first visit since 2007. The BlueClaws have made trips to Asheville each of the last four years and got no-hit there in 2008. You may remember the 2010 opener when Lakewood scored eight runs in the first inning of the first game in Asheville.
- Greenville (Red Sox) come in for a three game series (April 28-30), a re-match of the 2009 and 2010 Championship Series, each won by the BlueClaws. Also, Lakewood will open the season in Greenville (April 5-8), their only visit to the Sally League’s mini-Fenway.
- Charleston (Yankees) do not make a visit in to Lakewood next year and the BlueClaws will play just three games against the RiverDogs, in Charleston between May 2 and 4.
- Savannah (Mets) come to Lakewood between May 14-17 and again between July 14 and 17 and the BlueClaws will play four games down there, May 5-8.
- The BlueClaws make their first visit to Augusta since 2007 between August 13-15 (three days in 107 degree heat is better than four?)
- Lexington (Astros) makes a 12 hour ride for a three-game series between June 5-7.
- Yes, they’re in our division: that goes to Hickory – the BlueClaws and Crawdads played four times in the regular season in 2010, eight in 2011, and will play eight times in 2012, four in each park.
- Delmarva: 22 (9 home/13 road)
- Greensboro: 22 (11 home/road)
- Hagerstown: 25 (13 home/12 road – with the last meeting on July 26th, so 25 of the first 104 games of the year are against the Suns)
- West Virginia: 19 (12 home/7 road)
So there we go, a breakdown of the 2012 schedule.