This popped into my email earlier from Baseball America: their annual top 100 prospect rankings.
Phillies on the list (year with BlueClaws):
- 4. Domonic Brown (08)
- 39. Jonathan Singleton (10)
- 56. Brody Colvin (10)
- 70. Jarred Cosart (10)
- 1. Bryce Harper, WAS – Could be with Hagerstown this year. Their first visit to Lakewood is May 13 – 16.
- 11. Jameson Taillon, PIT – the #2 overall pick last year could spend 2011 with West Virginia. They come to Lakewood in August and the BlueClaws go there in both May & July.
- 29. Kyle Drabek, TOR – With the BlueClaws in 2007 and traded to Toronto in the Halladay deal.
- 30. Gary Sanchez, NYY – Catcher could be with Charleston this year.
- 31. Casey Kelly, SD – Was with Greenville (Boston) in ’09 before being traded in the Adrian Gonzalez deal this winter. He pitched for half of 2009 and then played shortstop for the 2nd half.
- 36. Travis d’Arnaud, TOR – With the BlueClaws in 2009 and then traded as part of Halladay deal.
- 94. Jonathan Villar, HOU – With the BlueClaws until the trade deadline in 2010 when he was a part of the Roy Oswalt trade.
- The Royals. They set a record with 9 of the top 100.
Here are top 100 rankings dating back 20 years. This is something we’re going to sift through one day.