Day two of minor league spring training games from Florida. Onto the recap -
Lehigh Valley – 2-1 loss at Pittsburgh
- Thomas Cochran gave up a run on two hits in three innings while former BlueClaw Austin Hyatt threw two scoreless frames.
- Leandro Castro went 1-3 with a 2b and an RBI, driving in the only run for the ‘Pigs.
- 2B Matt Tolbert went 2-3 with a walk.
Reading – 5-4 loss at Pittsburgh
- Cameron Rupp homered again, his 3rd in the first two games of the spring.
- Miguel Alvarez went 3-4 with a double, while Kelly Dugan had two hits and a walk.
- Austin Wright started and gave up a run in two innings, but walked three.
- Former ‘Claws Jay Johnson (back from the WBC – he was playing for Canada) and Mike Nesseth each threw scoreless innings of relief.
Clearwater – 4-2 loss vs Pittsburgh
- Roman Quinn, likely Lakewood’s shortstop went 1-3 with a walk and was thrown out stealing.
- Mitch Walding (3b), Logan Moore (c), and Angelo Mora (2b) each had hits as well while Cameron Perkins went 1-2 with two walks.
- Percy Garner started and gave up three runs in two innings. Steven Inch threw two scoreless innings of relief while Colton Murray, Ryan O’Sullivan, and Luis Paulino each threw one scoreless inning.
Lakewood – 7-2 loss vs Pittsburgh
- Andrew Pullin (2b) had two hits including a triple and two RBIs in his two plate appearances. Pullin, if his defense at a new position holds up, could be intriguing as Lakewood’s second baseman this year.
- Other hits were from Gustavo Gonzalez, Zach Green, and Tyler Greene.
- Larry Greene Jr was the DH and went 0-2.
- Kevin Brady started and gave up three runs in two innings while walking six.
- Lino Martinez, who was with Lakewood last year, gave up a run in two innings. Chris Nichols, Zach Cooper, and Delvy Francisco each threw a scoreless inning in relief.
Back more later or tomorrow.