Phillies first-round pick JP Crawford joined the BlueClaws on Saturday and after a Sunday rain-out, will make his BlueClaws debut in game one of today’s double-header at Delmarva.
Crawford set a pair of new firsts in BlueClaws history:
- He is the first high school draftee to join the BlueClaws in his draft year.
- He is the first Phillies first-round pick to join the BlueClaws in his draft year.
We sat down with Crawford before today’s game at Perdue Stadium.
- “I knew it was a possibility. I was working hard trying to get here and that’s what I was aiming for.”
- “I play 110% every game and I’m going to work hard every pitch, every at bat to help my team win.”
- “I felt like I was playing good. I was having fun with my teammates and not trying to do too much.”
- “I like to model my game after Derek Jeter. He plays the game hard and the right way.”
Crawford bats left and throws right. He learned hitting left-handed from his older sister Eliza.