As part of the program, which returns in 2012, children ages 12 and under get to eat for free at every Sunday and Monday BlueClaws home game. They receive a voucher good for a hot dog, bag of chips, and a soda.
So what exactly does 15,442 mean? Let’s take a look.
15,442 Hot Dogs laid out end to end:
- Would stretch for 1.71 miles
- In a line would require just over five laps of the FirstEnergy Park concourse
- Would stretch from home plate to centerfield and back to home plate 11 times
- After you hit your 11 home runs, you could round the bases 25 times
- 3.5 trips up and down the Empire State building
- Half of the Constitutional Walking Tour in Philadelphia
- 4 trips, front point to back point, of the USS Enterprise
- The length of 92 Blue Whales, the world’s largest animal
- If Joey Chestnut, who ate 62 hot dogs in 10 minutes to win the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest this year, ate at that same rate, it would take him 1 day, 17 hours, and 30 minutes to eat 15,442 hot dogs.
15,442 Bags of Chips:
- At 21 chips per bag, that’s 324,282 potato chips
- The equivalent of 1.83 Volkswagen Beetles
- The equivalent of 6,037 bobblehead dolls
- There are 1.5 potatoes in every bag of chips, so that’s 23,613 potatoes. Since Idaho produces 6 billion potatoes each year, that’s as many potatoes as are produced in 2 minutes and 4 seconds.
15,442 Cups of Soda:
- 1,447.7 gallons
- Enough to fill the 100-gallon gas tank of 14 18-wheelers
- At one drop per ounce, and one drop per second, it would take 2 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes, and 24 seconds.
- If taken in water, it’s enough to water the average lawn for 11 hours and 16 minutes
- If taken in water, it’s enough to shower for 723 hours
Can’t beat that right?