We owe you two days worth of Minor League spring training game reports, and we will get those to you in this blog post. These, by the way, are the final two spring recaps of the year. Rosters will be released at some point this weekend, so be sure to check back here (frequently, we could always use the site hits).
We’ll start with Thursday’s games.
Lehigh Valley – 8-5 win vs Pirates
- Adam Morgan allowed two runs in 5.2 innings with six strikeouts in his final tune-up for the season.
- Lefty Jay Johnson threw here and gave up three runs/one earned in 1.1 innings pitched.
- Cesar Hernandez had two hits and Cody Asche drove in three runs with Josh Fields driving in two.
- John Suomi had two hits and Matt Tolbert added a double.
Reading – 3-3 tie vs Pittsburgh
- Jesse Biddle’s final spring start was very good – he gave up a run on four hits in six innings with a walk and three strikeouts. His spring: two runs in 19 innings with 20 strikeouts.
- Edgar Duran has had a good spring. He had two more hits. Zach Collier had two hits including a triple and Sebastian Valle added a home run.
Clearwater – 5-4 win at Pittsburgh
- Hoby Miler gave up three runs in five innings while Felix Santos threw two innings and gave up one run.
- Geoff Broussard and Steven Inch each threw a scoreless inning.
- Aaron Altherr and Logan Moore each had two hits including a double for the Threshers. Jonathan Roof had a triple, while Chris Serritella, Maikel Franco, Cameron Perkins, and Carlos Alonso had hits as well.
Lakewood – 2-1 loss at Pittsburgh
- A good final start for Shane Watson, who gave up a run on two hits in five innings with three strikeouts.
- Elniery Garcia threw two perfect innings of relief.
- Lakewood had five hits in the game, one each by Art Charles, Willie Carmona, Mitch Walding, John Taylor, and Tyler Greene. Roman Quinn was 0-4 with a walk, stolen base, and a caught stealing.
That’s Thursday. Friday below the fold…