Phillies teams will be heading north this weekend (except Clearwater, of course) – some players are already up north, playing in the Phillies Futures Series. The Phillies are in Reading tonight to play a team of prospects. For that reason, don’t read much into the placements of players in the games today – a big chunk of players, mostly AA and AAA-bound players, are in Reading tonight.
Games were against the Pirates affiliates today in Clearwater and Bradenton.
Team 1 (6-4 win)
- David Buchanan started here and gave up four runs in five innings. Hoby Miler threw two scoreless innings and Joey DeNato threw one.
- Cameron Perkins led the offense. He went 4-4 with a home run. Christian Marrero homered as well, going 2-3.
- Gabriel Lino, a former BlueClaw, was also 2-3 in the win.
Team 2 (10-9 loss)
- Ben Lively started and gave up two runs over 4.2 innings of work. Alexis Rivero gave threw a scoreless inning among a slew of relievers to see action.
- Logan Moore and Jiandido Tromp both homered and drove in three runs in the loss.
- Zach Green (2014 BlueClaw) went 2-3 with two RBIs and two runs scored. Carlos Alonso went 1-3 and drove in two.
Team 3 (4-2 loss)
- Ranfi Casimiro, of course with the BlueClaws the last two years, started and gave up three runs in five innings.
- Jairo Munoz, Zach Morris, and Ismael Cabrera threw scoreless innings.
- Wilson Garcia and Cornelius Randolph each went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Josh Tobias, Kyle Martin, and Drew Stankiewicz all had hits.
Team 4 (5-4 loss)
- Franklyn Kilome started and gave up five runs, three earned, over four innings of work while striking out two.
- He was followed by Elniery Garcia who went the rest of the way, throwing five scoreless innings on four hits with no walks and five strikeouts.
- Brendon Hayden and Juan Luis each had two hits, with both of Hayden’s hits being doubles (he’s your likely BlueClaws Opening Day 1B).
- Jan Hernandez and Emmanuel Marrero each had a hit and an RBI.
The Phillies minor league rosters should be out Friday or Saturday. We’ll be back with them at that time.