“You look forward to it like a birthday party when you’re a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen.” That’s what Joe DiMaggio said about Opening Day. Thursday night in Lakewood is our Opening Day. The game starts at 6:35, but that’s almost secondary to whatever else will be going on that day.
Here are some of the pre-game festivities that we’ll have.
- Ceremonial Opening of the Gates: We open the season with an opening of the gates at 5:30. BlueClaws players will be there to greet and interact with fans prior to the start of the season’s first home game.
- Player Intros: We’ll have full introductions for both teams prior to the game. Players will be called out to line up along each line, reserves, coaches, and starters.
- National Anthem: Obviously this is not exclusive to Opening Day, but the great Evolution will be singing the anthem.
- Flyover: This is exclusive to Opening Day – a flyover thanks to the 108th Air Refueling Wing of the NJ Air National Guard out of McGuire Air Force Base, under the command of Wing Commander Colonel Kevin Keehn.
- Ceremonial First Pour: In the Coors Light WRAT Trap with representatives from Shore Point Distributing and 95.9 WRAT.
You never want to miss Opening Day. Tickets here.